Did you know that by taking some simple steps you can save up to £375 per year off your electricity bill?
Follow the Energy Saving Trust's tips:
- Switching off Standby Mode on your devices could save around £55 per year
- Draught-proofing windows and doors could save around £45 per year
- Turning off lights when you leave a room could save around £20 a year
- Switching to LED bulbs can save between £4-£13 per bulb per year
- Using your washing machine more efficiently, such as doing a 30-degree wash, could save you around £28 a year
- Avoiding using your tumble dryer in warmer weather could save around £60 a year
- Keeping your shower time to just 4 minutes could save a typical household £70 a year on their energy bills
- Swapping just one bath a week with a 4-minute shower could save you £12 a year on your energy bills
- Avoid overfilling the kettle and save yourself £11 a year on your electricity bill
- Reducing your dishwasher use by one run per week for a year could save you £14
- Effective insulation of your hot water cylinder is important: even if you have thin spray foam or a loose 25mm jacket, you can benefit from increasing the insulation to a British Standard Jacket 80mm thick, saving £35 a year in the process
For more information on energy efficiency, visit the Energy Saving Trust website.