Main content
05th January 2021

Complaints Procedure

The Consumer Council is committed to providing a high quality service to all our customers.

However there may be occasions when problems arise and you do not receive the service you expect. We want to know when an issue has arisen so that we can put it right and learn from your experience.

Your comments are important.  Not only do they allow us to improve our individual service to you, they also help us to enhance our services for other customers.

What is a complaint?

A complaint could be about any aspect of our service.

For instance:

  • If we do not deliver a service on time.
  • If we give you the wrong information.
  • If you receive a poor standard of customer care.

How to make a complaint

We are keen to ensure all complaints about our services are dealt with in a satisfactory way and are resolved as quickly as possible. All complaints are dealt with professionally and in confidence.

Often an issue can be resolved easily by contacting the person with whom you have been dealing with.

You can do this in the following ways:

  • Email:
  • Telephone: 0800 121 6022 or (028) 9025 1600
  • Write to: Freepost THE CONSUMER COUNCIL 
  • Visit us in person at the above address.

The Consumer Council will do everything we can to put things right, including reviewing procedures to stop problems happening again.

If you are not happy with the response, or if you are not sure which member of staff to contact, you can send your complaint to our Chief Executive. Submit your complaint in writing, including your full name and address, detailing what has gone wrong to:

Noyona Chundur, Chief Executive


If you have difficulty communicating your complaint to us in writing please contact us on freephone 0800 121 6022 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

We can take the details of your formal complaint and send you a copy via post. We will ask you to sign and return this to us to ensure that we have fully and accurately recorded all of your concerns.

If you still feel The Consumer Council has not dealt with the matter either properly or fairly, you can refer your complaint to the Northern Ireland Public services Ombudsman. The Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman investigates complaints about possible maladministration in the delivery of public services. The Ombudsman’s role is to ensure that the people of Northern Ireland are served by a fair and efficient public administration that is committed to accountability, openness and quality service.

No topic added