Winter 2021/22 Emergency Fuel Payment Scheme
Providing households experiencing fuel crisis this winter one-off support of £100.
What is the scheme?
“This initiative is being delivered by Bryson Charitable Group in collaboration with the Department for Communities, the Consumer Council, and a range of local energy companies.
It will provide one-off support of up to £100 worth of electricity, gas, or oil to 20,000 households across Northern Ireland which are experiencing an emergency fuel crisis during Winter 2021/22.
Applications can be made up until 31st March 2022.
What support can I apply for?
Households can apply once for one of the following:
- £100 Electricity meter top-up for pay-as-you-go customers, or a credit to your account for billing/Direct Debit customers
- £98 Gas meter top-up for pay-as-you-go customers, or a credit to your account for billing/Direct Debit customers*
- £100 Oil credit with an oil supplier
Please note that support will be arranged directly with suppliers. Applicants will not receive cash or any type of direct payment.
*Equivalent to two maximum top-ups for pay-as-you-go gas customers
Am I eligible for support?
Please click here to visit the Bryson Group website for the most up-to-date criteria.
How do I apply for support?
Applications must be made using this online form which will be available on the Bryson Charitable Group website from 9am on working days (i.e. Monday to Friday).
Please be advised that there is a limit to the number of daily applications to the scheme. This is to make the fund available throughout the winter until 31st March 2022.
If you find it difficult to complete online forms, you can access a hard copy of the application form by:
- Downloading and printing a hard copy of the form on the Bryson Group website by clicking here.
- Return your completed hard copy application form to [address TBA, please check back].
What information do I need to provide?
Please click here to visit the Bryson Group website for the most up-to-date information.
When will I receive support?
Once you have submitted your application, you will be sent an email to confirm that it has been received.
Your application will be reviewed and the proof that you have provided will be checked to confirm you are eligible. You will then receive a text message to advise you of the outcome within 24hrs.
If you are eligible for support, you will receive a further text message as follows to advise:
- Electricity – your unique top-up code (for pay-as-you-go customers), or that your account has been credited with £100 (for account billing / direct debit customers)
- Gas – your unique top-up code and instructions on how access the support
- Oil – your unique reference number and instructions on how to redeem. Oil credits will expire in 5 days if unredeemed