10th September 2020
Water efficiency can help reduce water bills.
Water Saving Tips:
Savings of between 30 - 50% on water use can be acheived by installing or investing in no costs or low cost water reduction practices and technologies.
- Monitor your usage: If you are a metered customer, keep a regular log of the water going through your meter. This will help you to keep an eye on your usage and help notice any leaks.
- Check your bills: Make sure you are getting the correct allowances, and that your usage looks right. Contact NI Water with any queries.
- Regularly check your pipes and fittings: Check for leaks and ensure your pipes are well insulated against frost. Take note: any leakage from private pipes will be billed to you or your business.
- Educate staff: Speak to staff about implementing water efficiency measures. Consider appointing a member of staff to monitor water usage.
- Know where your supply pipes and shut off valves are: Shut off water to unused areas of your premises to stop waste from leaks or unmonitored usage.