SEND US YOUR VIEWS ABOUT THE GAS PRICE INCREASE
<p>The General Consumer Council expressed surprise and disappointment at Phoenix Natural Gas's confirmation that it is going ahead with its 20 per cent price on 1 April 2004.</p>
<p><a href="mailto:[email protected]">Click here</a> to share your views on the gas price increase.</p>
This comes despite calls for a price increase delay across all sectors - from the energy regulator to political parties and consumer representatives.
Eleanor Gill, Chief Executive at the Council said: “We are issuing the following advice to Phoenix customers to ensure that their bills are not based on an estimate, but an accurate reading.
- READ YOUR METER TODAY
- TAKE A NOTE OF THE READING AND KEEP IT SAFE
- CONTACT PHOENIX NATURAL GAS WITH THE READING ON 0845 555 555 OR E-MAIL TO [email protected]
Eleanor Gill continued: “The Council still believes that a long-term deal can and needs to be done if we are to begin to restore consumer confidence. We will continue to play our part in representing the consumer voice and ensuring a viable gas industry for the future.”
The General Consumer Council is asking Phoenix Gas customers to call them on 0845 601 6022 or e-mail them to [email protected] to share their views on this issue.
Click here to share your views on the gas price rise.
1. General Consumer Council media contact: Susie Brown, telephone, 028 9067 4807 or e-mail, [email protected]
2. The General Consumer Council is an independent consumer organisation, working to bring about change to benefit Northern Ireland's consumers. The Council campaigns for high standards of service and protection and a fair deal for all. It also carries out research, gives advice and publishes reports and other publications. It deals with individual complaints about electricity, natural gas, coal and passenger transport.
3. For more information, visit our website at www.gccni.org.uk