Make the most of your money with Money Week 2012!
Consumers across the Craigavon area are encouraged to make the most of their money by attending one of the special events at Money Week 2012.
Money Week is an initiative run by the Financial Capability Partnership NI and is being held in Craigavon from 25 February to 2 March, 2012. Money Week offers consumers living in Craigavon and the surrounding areas the chance to attend over 20 free events. These range from seminars and open days to a personal session with a trained money advisor. The events will help consumers to gain the skills and confidence to manage their money better. Events being held throughout Money Week include:
· A special ‘Money Market’ on Saturday 25 February where members of the Financial Capability Partnership NI ‘set out their stall’ of information in Portadown High Street Mall;
· Libraries NI and the Consumer Council are holding a question and answer session with a panel of experts, including BBC Radio Ulster’s Linda McAuley on Tuesday 28 February;
· Age Sector Platform is hosting their popular Pensioners Parliament on Wednesday 29 February in Craigavon; and
· Craigavon Borough Council is holding a series of ‘Love Food, Hate Waste’ events from Wednesday 29 February through to Friday 2 March to show people how to cook cost effectively with left over food.
There are also many more events happening in schools and colleges. For the full list of events, please visit www.consumercouncil.org.ukand download the Money Week brochure. You can contact us by email at [email protected], telephone us on 0800 121 6022, or write to us at The Consumer Council, 116 Holywood Road, Belfast, BT4 1NY and a free copy of the Money Week brochure will be sent to you.
Carol Edwards, Chair of the Financial Capability Partnership NI said: “This is the third Money Week to be organised by the Financial Capability Partnership NI and this year it is bigger than ever before! We are delighted with the number of exciting events that members of the Partnership are holding during Money Week – all of which are free and all are aimed at increasing consumers’ knowledge and skills in managing money. There really is something for everyone and we encourage everyone in the Craigavon Borough Council area to come along and make the most of these free sessions.”
Mayor of Craigavon, Councillor Alan Carson said: “We are delighted Money Week is coming to Craigavon. The events organised will provide vital knowledge and guidance to local residents of all ages on how to effectively manage their well earned cash. Managing your money is essential in this day and age and I would urge everyone to come along to one of the many events and find out more.”
Notes to editor
The Consumer Council leads the Financial Capability Partnership NI which brings together Government, banks, building societies, credit unions, education, community and voluntary sectors to ensure that we all help consumers in Northern Ireland to manage their money and make it work best for them. For the full list of members please visit http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/money-week/
- Consumer Council media contact: Irene Overend, telephone, 028 9067 4816 or e-mail, [email protected]
- The Consumer Council is an independent consumer organisation, working to bring about change to benefit Northern Ireland’s consumers. The Council campaigns for high standards of service and protection and a fair deal for all. It also carries out research, gives advice and publishes reports and other publications. It deals with individual complaints about buses, trains, planes, ferries, natural gas, electricity, coal and water.
- For more information, visit our website at www.consumercouncil.org.uk