Holidays 4 U Tour Operator Collapses – Consumer
Brighton-based Holidays 4 U, which also traded as Aegean Flights has today gone into administration. The company sold packages and flights to Turkey with flights operating from a number of UK airports including Belfast International.
It is estimated that approximately 200 passengers from Northern Ireland are currently in Turkey on flights booked through this operator. More people who are yet to go on their holiday are likely to be affected as all flights that had been scheduled to depart up to September have been cancelled.
Advice for Holidays 4 U customers who are currently overseas;
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have advised that they will ensure that all Holidays 4 U customers due to fly home in the coming weeks are able to do so as planned; they should therefore arrive at the airport in time to check-in for their flights home as normal. If there are any flight changes, information will be placed on the ATOL website.
The CAA is working to ensure all protected Holidays 4 U package holiday customers who are overseas can stay in their accommodation until they are due to travel home. If customers are asked to pay again for accommodation, they should send a claim to the CAA on their return home so that a refund can be considered. Those customers protected under Holidays 4 U ATOL should receive a refund.
If you are currently abroad:
1. You should be able to complete your holiday. The Civil Aviation Authority and/or your tour operator are responsible for booking alternative flights to get you home.
2. You should check in for you return flights as normal. For revised flight times visit the ATOL section of the CAA website (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=27)
3. For more information contact your holiday representative or contact the Civil Aviation Authority, from abroad call 0044 (0)161 444 5810.
Advice for customers of Holidays 4 U who are due to travel
All package holiday bookings and flights are now cancelled and customers are advised not to go to the airport.
Customers, who contracted package holidays booked with Holidays 4 U will be financially protected under ATOL 4097 and should make a claim for a refund through the CAA.
Customers are advised to speak to their travel agent about making a claim under the ATOL Scheme. Travel agents may be able to book alternative holidays for their customers.
Customers, who booked just flights with Holidays 4 U are also ATOL protected and may be eligible to claim a refund. For any separate accommodation booked with a travel agent, customers are advised to speak to their agent about whether any alternative arrangements can be made.
Those with forward bookings requiring general advice about refunds under the ATOL scheme can contact the CAA on 08444 933037
- Consumer Council media contact: Pauline Gordon, telephone, 028 9067 4807 or 079 0997 2704 or e-mail, email@example.com
- The Consumer Council is an independent consumer organisation, working to bring about change to benefit Northern Ireland’s consumers. The Council campaigns for high standards of service and protection and a fair deal for all. It also carries out research, gives advice and publishes reports and other publications. It deals with individual complaints about buses, trains, planes, ferries, natural gas, electricity, coal and water.
3. For more information, visit our website at www.consumercouncil.org.uk