The Consumer Council’s ‘Passport to Summer’ Checklist
The summer travel period is upon us and The Consumer Council is encouraging all holidaymakers to follow its summer travel checklist to help ensure a smooth, hassle free journey.
The Consumer Council’s ‘Passport to Summer’ campaign aims to equip Northern Ireland passengers with all they need to know before they take to the skies or seas this summer.
Jenny Robinson, Transport Policy Officer at The Consumer Council said, “At this time of year many are lucky enough to be heading to sunnier climes. But before you head away, there are a few things to take into consideration to make your journey as smooth and hassle free as possible.”
Summer travel checklist:
- Pre-book car parking if travelling by car.
- Pre-book hold baggage to avoid additional fees at check-in.
- Check-in online in advance of travel to avoid additional charges.
- Know any hand luggage allowances and restrictions.
- Pre-book special assistance 48 hours in advance if you have a disability or reduced mobility to ensure you get the assistance you need.
- Take out travel insurance that meets your needs. Pay attention that it fully covers you if you are flying/sailing from the Republic of Ireland.
- Check your car insurance and breakdown cover meets your needs if taking your car to Europe. Also be aware of any different regulations.
- Get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) if travelling to EU countries.
- Shop around for your travel money.
For anyone who wants more information on their air and sea passenger rights, contact The Consumer Council on 0800 121 6022 or visit www.consumercouncil.org.uk