Make your money last longer and go further with our tips for cutting the cost of your weekly food shop.
The average UK home throws out £470 of food per year. Follow our shopping tips to save money and reduce waste.
Before you go shopping:
- Do a stock take of your cupboards, fridge and freezer to see what you have.
- Plan the meals you are going to have for the week and think about using up leftovers.
- Make a shopping list and stick to it.
- Set yourself a target budget.
- Don’t go shopping on an empty stomach.
- Remember to take your bags for life.