What is the Customer Charter?
This Charter outlines:
- What we will do for you;
- The standards of service you can expect; and
- The expected timescales
It also outlines what we need from you to enable us to meet our commitments.
What we will do for you
- We will quickly identify your needs and let you know how we may be able to help.
- We will clearly explain what information we need from you, our process and provide an indication of how long each stage will take.
- We will ensure you fully understand any information you are provided with and will advise you of the most likely result we can achieve for you.
- We will ask you how you would prefer to be contacted ie. telephone, email etc.
- We will keep you up to date on the progress of your case and inform you of any delays.
- If we are not best placed to deal with your enquiry or complaint then we will give you the contact details of the organisation that can help you.
In line with our vision and values you can expect us to:
- Be polite, friendly and professional and treat everyone fairly.
- Be open, honest and transparent.
- Be empathetic and keen to listen and respond to your needs.
- Be reliable, fair and respectful of confidentiality.
- Seek to deliver the best possible resolution for your complaint.
- Base our conclusions in evidence.
- Deliver against set standards and share this information with you.
In turn we will need you to:
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
- Provide any information that has been requested as soon as possible so we can deal with your complaint efficiently.
Our service standards
- Our staff will be polite, friendly and professional and treat everyone fairly.
- We will aim to answer calls to 0800 121 6022 within 10 seconds on average.
- We will aim to contact you within 3 working days of receiving correspondence by letter, email or via social media.
- If you leave a voicemail between 9am and 4pm, we will aim to return your call within3 hours.
- If you leave a voicemail after 4pm or outside office hours it will be returned the next working day by a member of our team.
- If you have a scheduled appointment, we will aim to meet you within 5 minutes of your appointment time.
- If you do not have a scheduled appointment, we will aim to meet you within 15 minutes.
- If your enquiry or complaint is about an issue we do not cover, we will give you the contact details of the organisation that can help you.
- Our correspondence will be written in plain English and will be easy to understand.
If we take your complaint forward for investigation:
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your complaint and inform you of any delays
- We will aim to provide you with a copy of the response from the service provider within 5 working days of receiving it.
Complaints about the Consumer Council’s service:
- We will aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days
- We will aim to provide a formal response within 10 working days.
For more information on our Complaints Procedure click here.